Music Mentoring for Adults
Customized for your capabilities, you may wish to:
- Hone specific skills to master an instrument
- Map out compositional ideas to create a song or score
- Emphasize improvisation
You will benefit by:
- Understanding and using the creative process wisely
- Staying present in the heat of the moment in a performance when you may be falling apart on the inside
- Becoming facile with the language of music to discover your distinct artistry
- Falling in love with the universal language of music
- Leveraging the vast resources that comprise music can give you access to your unique genius. This approach is for uncovering your authenticity through music.
Embark on learning an instrument and bring joy and nourishment to the process of music making.
Reclaim or discover music for the first time. You have the opportunity to cultivate a relationship with music as an adult. Perhaps you were naturally artistic as a child, but didn’t have the support you needed or found yourself on an academic track that took you away from your artistic endeavors. If you would like to rekindle and access your artistic expression, try immersing yourself in the artistic tradition—such as an improvisational perspective and the ability to be graceful despite making a “mistake”—to inform the artistry you bring to the various roles in your life.